22 Mar WE ARE HIRING – Production Manager
As our Production Manager, you will be working for a forward thinking, dynamic business that is leading the construction welfare sector. You will oversee the building of award winning welfare trailers and modular site accommodation. You will represent a business of high reputation and long standing, with a high profile customer base. We are looking for someone who can align themselves with our high quality brand; a proven Production professional that will view this as an opportunity offering scope and longevity.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Production Manager will be responsible for the manufacturing processes, and ensure the factory runs smoothly, cost-effectively, delivers products on time and without faults.
The Production Manager will be responsible for the day to day manufacturing/assembly of products by implementing the production plan and supervising the production department in an organised and efficient manner. The Production Manager is responsible for maintaining workflow, monitoring steps in the process, problem solving, monitoring personnel and resources, studying methods, implementing cost reductions, recording performance and developing regular incremental improvements to manufacturing processes.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure products are produced on time, meeting high quality standards and budgets. On time delivery target of 95%.
- Provide leadership, encouragement and support in order to help others achieve their results and meet their targets
- Ensure all manufacture is carried out in accordance with job sheets, working drawings
- Oversee the production process and maintain workflow
- Continuous time saving and cost saving improvements
- Documenting and entering accurate build times for products
- Reduce waste ensuring all raw materials are used efficiently
- Implement and maintain lean and 5S manufacturing principles
- Manage and motivate the team and ensure staffing levels are maintained
- Review team performance (appraisals) whilst identifying training needs
- Ensure high standards of Health & Safety and housekeeping on site
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
- Proven management experience in a fast paced production environment
- Experience in production scheduling and forecasting for labour and materials
- Strong knowledge of H&S, Quality and regulatory requirements
- The ability to manage and implement change
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and mentor a team and work cooperatively in a team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with ability to manage and prioritise tasks with a constant attention to detail
- Possess strong computer skills and competency in MS Office applications, Outlook & Excel
Desirable: Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience in the Vehicle Manufacturing or Modular Building sectors
- Knowledge of quality systems, including Vehicle Type Approval & ISO standards
- Ability to read and understand detailed working drawings and electrical diagrams
- At least 5 years production management experience
Excellent package available
Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter to Simon.firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please. Only direct applications to AJC Trailers/Easycabin will be accepted.