22 Mar WE ARE HIRING – Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer (Automotive)
Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer (Automotive):
As our Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer, you will be working for a forward thinking, dynamic business that is leading the construction welfare sector. You will be part or our product design team working across a number of design/development projects and electrical product development processes. You will represent a business of high reputation and long standing, with a high profile customer base. We are looking for someone who can align themselves with our high quality brand; a proven Production professional that will view this as an opportunity offering scope and longevity.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer will be responsible for the development and creation of electrical systems integral to our award winning products.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a technically challenging and varied role offering you the chance to develop yourself as an engineer and have a long-term career with a sector leading company. You will be working closely with our Operation Director & vehicle design engineer to create & produce new prototype innovative systems and continuously improve and test current systems. You will also work directly with external component suppliers and oversee production and delivery of new components.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical & electronic design/development projects
- New product introduction – automotive / modular building electrical products
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
- Electrical qualification (HND/HNC, or higher)
- Electrical & electronics design experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to create detailed working drawings and electrical diagrams
- Excellent IT skills with detailed knowledge creating computer based designs
- Working knowledge of the automotive / modular building industry
- Working knowledge of 12v and hybrid systems & generator power supply
- A team player with good organisational skills and proven success
- Disciplined and consistent approach to work
- Able to see tasks through to completion and able to prioritise and multi-task in an efficient manner
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Desirable: Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience in the Vehicle Manufacturing or Modular Building sectors
- Knowledge of quality systems, including Vehicle Type Approval & ISO standards
- Working knowledge of Solidworks is required but not essential
Excellent package available
Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter to Simon.firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please. Only direct applications to AJC Trailers/Easycabin will be accepted.